ESN is not connected only to the Erasmus programme but is for ALL internationally minded students!
Erasmus Student Network (ESN) is one of the biggest interdisciplinary student associations in Europe, founded in 1990 for supporting and developing student exchange. It gathers around15,000 active members in more than 900 Higher Education Institutions from 40 countries. As a non-profit organisation, ESN aims to represent international students and provide opportunities for cultural understanding and self-development under the principle of Students Helping Students.
ESN is operating on three levels: international, national and local.
In synthesis, ESN
- works in the interest of international AND internationally minded students
- works to improve the social and practical integration of international students
- represents the needs and rights of international students on the local, national and international level
- provides relevant information about mobility programmes
- motivates students to study abroad
- works with the reintegration of homecoming students
- contributes to the improvement and accessibility of student mobility
- cares about its members
- values volunteering and active citizenship
More information on ESN International: www.esn.org.