People whithin ESN FINT have been working on several causes over the years, which are listed below.
International Student Employability Team
ESN FINT has the International Student Employability team which consists of a group of students interested in boosting the integration of internationals into the Finnish labor market!
What do we do:
- Promote ErasmusIntern project, an EU funded platform managed by ESN International aiming to connect international students looking for an internship/traineeship/summer job in Finland with companies offering such opportunities
- Organize events in cooperation with other organizations such as Y-Kampus, COMPLEX, and International HUB Tampere
- Organize webinars on the topic of integration of internationals, networking, and different paths to the employment of internationals in Finland
- Implement #DiversityForFuture campaign, featuring stories of internationals in Finland and Finns about the value of diversity in their work and life and Finnish working culture
- Deliver presentations and workshops on the topic of diversity and inclusion and inclusive leadership
- This is just a brief overview, we constantly develop new ideas and we are open to proposals, too! If you have an idea for cooperation, let us know!
Why Join Us?
If you are a Finn or international interested in the topic of diversity and inclusion, willing to dedicate a bit of your free time, learn new skills and work with a team of enthusiastic students, we are a place for you! We believe in the voice of international students in the discussion about the integration of international matters.
If you are interested, feel free to get in touch: email@example.com
Diversity for Future
With approx. 3500 international students in Tampere Universities, would it be great to engage them further in Finnish society?
Together with the Sustainability & Impact Club of Tampere Universities, the International Student Employability project is running a communication campaign on social media to tell about the benefits that international students generate for the country and for Finnish companies.
To start a discussion on the topic of diversity and internalization, to share experience and address some myths organizations have about hiring internationals. We want to raise the voice of international students in the subject.
Organizations in Finland employing or looking to hire internationals, international students, internationals working in Finland, or high achievers looking for a job
What we did:
We collected stories and featured them online, to highlight experiences, challenges, benefits, anything important to share on this topic, including anecdotes.
In the future:
As a continuation of this campaign, we aim to organize webinars for students and for organizations looking into hiring international students.
Spread the word: #DiversityforFuture
- [Blog post] How we created a communication campaign about multiculturalism in Finland
- [Video] How can diversity help us tackle a crisis?
- [Story] Hiring talents based only on the CV is a mistake — and this story shows why
- [Story] The value internationals bring to the team - a story of an Italian director in Tampere
- [Story] How can you engage with diversity? Just jump in the pool!
- [Story] How transformative can the Finnish working culture be?
- [Story] Opening doors through value proposition: an alternative approach to accessing the Finnish labor market for internationals
- [Story] What can we learn from the rich history of internationalization in Finland?
- [Story] Working in Finland through the lenses of a non-Finnish speaker and his employer
- [Story] The value of internationals in life and workplace
- [Story] The role of intercultural communication in business: Understanding Small talk in Finland, USA, and China
Do not hesitate in being in touch with us regarding comments, feedback, critiques, or even just to have a meeting to talk about the topic of diversity and social inclusion.